By: Rockabilly Red
Looking to find a way to satisfy that sweet tooth with a treat that’s unique, beautiful, and tasty? Look no further than these adorable slices of delicious chocolaty and fruity goodness! Perfect to pair with drinks, cakes, or enjoyed on their own, these treats will give you a sunburst of happiness!
- Wash oranges under warm water then slice them into round slices about 1/3 of an inch thick.
- Fill a pot about halfway with water then place the orange slices inside. Bring the pot to a boil to reduce the bitterness in the peels.
- Once the water boils, strain out the orange slices.
- In a one to one ratio put sugar and water into the pot and bring it to a boil. Be sure to stir it occasionally so the water and sugar completely combine.
- Once the sugar water boils, lower the heat to medium low.
- Add the orange slices one by one to the pot and let them simmer for about an hour. Gently stir them occasionally to make sure they are coated evenly. They are finished when they begin to look a bit translucent.
- Lay the oranges on a drying rack with parchment paper underneath it for 24 hours. They should feel tacky and hold their shape once finished.
- Choose your preferred chocolate and melt it for dipping. Dip half of the orange slice in chocolate then lay on a drying rack. Wait for the chocolate to harden.