Written By: Rockabilly Red
Looking for eye catching treats for your Halloween party? For something spooky, easy, and fun, look no further than Sugar Glass! This simple treat is sure to impress guests and add a fabulously creepy touch to your Halloween treats!
What you will need:
• ½ Cup of water
• ¾ Cup of light corn syrup
• 2 Cups of sugar
• 2-3 Drop of food coloring of your choice
WARNING: The sugar combination will get very hot! Make sure to take measures to avoid burns and do not leave children unsupervised around the heated mixture!
- Combine water, sugar, and corn syrup in a saucepan.
- Set heat to medium and lightly stir contents until sugar is melted into the mixture then add food coloring.
- Allow mixture to boil, do not stir it at this point.
- Allow it to continue boiling until it reaches 300° F.
- Once heated, carefully pour the mixture into a prepared pan (either with cooking spray, parchment paper, or silicone mats).
- Allow the mixture to cool and harden.
- Once hardened, use a metal spoon or another hard tool to break the sugar glass and pour it out of the pan (you might have to twist the pan a bit to get it out).
- Have fun! Either enjoy your sugar glass or use it to create creepy and unique Halloween treats!